The church of Veysonnaz
Architecture & monuments
Built over a century ago, the church of Veysonnaz is now part of the cultural heritage of the village.
The present church of Veysonnaz was built in 1905 and was renovated between 1962 and 1968. The building was built in a Neo-Gothic style. Before 1905, there was a chapel on the site of the church. It was built in 1425 and rebuilt in 1721.
The land belonged to the Bishop of Sion and Veysonnaz was originally part of Nendaz. In 1912 Veysonnaz left the parish of Basse-Nendaz and became its own parish with Clèbes and Verrey, who remained linked to the commune of Nendaz.
Today, the parish of Veysonnaz/Clèbes/Verrey is part of the Nendaz sector and the deanship of Vex. This deanship includes the sectors of the Sionne / Hérens and Nendaz
- Accessible by public transport
- Suitable for families
|Paroisse de Nendaz et Veysonnaz||
Route de Nendaz 355|
1996 Basse-Nendaz +41 27 288 22 email@example.com