The holiday resort of Veysonnaz involves three municipalities: Veysonnaz, Nendaz and Sion (formerly Salins).
There are three types of tourist taxes levied in these three areas, which are based on the cantonal law on tourism and which aim to encourage the development of quality tourism:
- The tourist tax is collected from non-residents or owners of second homes in Veysonnaz, Nendaz and Sion (ex Salins)
- The tourist promotion tax is collected from owners renting out their flats and from entities carrying out an activity linked to tourism in the communes of Veysonnaz, Nendaz and Sion (ex Salins)
WHO IS SUBJECT TO HOLIDAY TAX ?
- Any person who is not resident in the municipality of Veysonnaz or in the tourist area of Veysonnaz (which includes part of the municipalities of Nendaz and Sion) is required to pay the holiday tax
- The owner of a second home who collects holiday tax from the guests is responsible for then transferring this amount to the authorities.
- The owner of a second home who collects the holiday tax from his guests must send a statement of overnight stays to Veysonnaz Tourisme at the latest at the end of each winter and summer season.
DISTRIBUTION OF THE TOURIST TAX
The proceeds from the tourist tax are used for :
- Operating a tourist information service
- Local entertainment and events.
- Creating and organizing tourist, cultural or sporting facilities.
Thanks to the new annual holiday tax fee, the municipality of Veysonnaz is able to fund various tourist infrastructure projects mentioned during the last general meeting and primary assembly:
- Street furniture on the route de Pra (revitalising the street with a meeting zone, central square, etc)
- Rehabilitation of the multi-sports area (renovation of the tennis courts and multi-sports arena, court, lighting, management).
- Play area in Thyon (summer activities for families, temporary playground, summer sledges, bike and play, etc.)
- Development of the recreational itineraries (mountain bike, road bike, flow trail, pumptrack, snowshoeing, rando park, signposting)