Towns & villages
Sion is the political and administrative capital of the Canton of Valais. Overlooked by its two emblematic castles, the town is full of surprises and invites you to stroll through its narrow streets full of history.
Sion is ...
- A dynamic market town, the economic engine of the region integrating the urban and mountain areas
- A town of education, home to numerous colleges and universities
- A town of culture and meeting places with theatres, museums, cultural centres, a market
- A winemaking town with 420 hectares of vineyards
- A town of bisses and walks
- A town with a rich historical heritage
- A town on the banks of the Rhone River
- A town where it is pleasant to wander and enjoy a sunny terrace
These few lines cannot perfectly describe the atmosphere of the town, because a beautiful town cannot simply be summed up, it must be visited. Welcome to Sion, capital of the Valais.
- Fee-based parking
- Charging station for electric vehicles
- Accessible by public transport
- On-site catering
- Animations for children
- Guided tours
- Exhibition / explanations
Weather forecast for Haute-Nendaz
|Ville de Sion||
Rue du Grand-Pont 12|