Created in winter 2018-19, this itinerary is marked in yellow and black, especially for ski touring. The way up runs outside of the ski runs in order to avoid accidents with the downhill skiers. The ski tourers are, however, requested to come back down via the ski runs in order to protect the forest and its dwellers.
This trail is not adapted to beginners, the track varies between the chalets and the forest.
Departure at 250 m. from Veysonnaz Tourisme office, in the beginning of the route des Mayens-de-l'Ours, after the car park.
The practice of ski touring imposes the strict respect of various safety instructions and of the environment:
- The itineraries of ski touring are signposted but not secured; you take them entirely under your own responsibility. Know how to evaluate the risks.
- Before embarking on the trail, inform yourself about the snow conditions, the weather forecast and the opening of the tracks.
- It is forbidden to descend using the itinerary for ascent. Upon arrival, it is recommended to descend on the ski slopes.
- The forest is a zone of tranquility for the fauna: remain on the marked trails and
follow the itineraries.
The ski runs are open solely during the operating hours of the ski lifts. They are not protected against dangers such as the triggering of avalanches or snow grooming machines equipped with a winch, once the facilities are closed.
- DVA (avalanche transceiver) switched on, in "transmit" mode
- Portable phone
Come and discover our sealskin ski trails : the Touring Tracks powered by Movement :
- Siviez : 3 itiniraries
- Nendaz : 2 itiniraries
- Veysonnaz : 1 itinérary
- Mayens de l'Ours : 1 itinérary
- Les Collons : 2 itiniraries
- Hérémence, Mandelon : 1 itinérary
These circuits are signposted and divided into two levels of difficulty (blue and red).